The Typical Workday for of an E & I Technician

An E & I Technician is someone who operates, tests, and maintains various mechanical and electrical equipment. An E & I Technician can also be known as an Electro-mechanical Technician. The Bureau of Labor Statistics tells us that Electro-mechanical Technicians or E & I Technicians can make a median annual wage of $56,740 as of May 2017. However, to work in this position, you typically need to attend E & I Technician school

However, before you attend E & I Technician school, you will want to know what a workday as an E & I Technician looks like. This will help you determine if you want to work as an E & I Technician. Keep reading to find out what a typical workday looks like for an E & I Technician. 

As an Electro-mechanical technician, your main job will be testing and maintain different equipment. However, this will require you to perform many duties over the course of your workday. You will need to read blueprints and diagrams to understand the assembly of equipment and systems. You will need to operate machines and inspect them for issues or defects. You will have to test the performance of equipment and systems using test instruments. After completing the tests, you will have to record and analyze your test results. You will also have to install and repair different equipment and systems. 

As you can see, there are a lot of job responsibilities that you will be expected to handle as an E & I Technician. That means not every day will look the same, which can be an exciting and challenging part of this job. 

Your exact job duties and work environment will depend on the industry that you are in. There are a wide variety of industries you could work in as an E & I Technician. You could work in metal refining, instrument manufacturing, water and sewage treatment plants, automobile manufacturing, engineering and design services, food and beverage processing plants, petroleum refining, and more. However, it is likely that you will work for large companies in industrial environments. You will also tend to work regular shifts, but you may have to work longer hours if repairs are required to fix particular operations. 

Preparing to Become an E & I Technician Through E & I Technician School

To become an E & I Technician, you will want to attend an E & I Technician school. E & I Technician school will teach you all about the automated systems you will be working with on the job. You will learn about electricity, electronics, robotics, and more. You will also get hands-on experience working with these different automated systems.  

ITI Technical College has two different program options for you if you would like to attend E & I Technician school. You can attend a certificate program or an associate’s degree program. The Industrial Instrumentation certificate program lasts 15 months, and it can get you started getting the knowledge and experience you will need to work in industrial maintenance and instrumentation. The Associate of Occupational Studies in Instrument & Control Systems Technology is another option for preparing to become an E & I Technician. 

If you would like to learn more about E & I Technician school at ITI Technical College, you can check out the ITI Technical College website. Learn more here, and consider how E & I Technician school could have a great impact on your life. 

For more information about graduation rates, the median debt of students who completed the program, and other important information, please visit our website: http://www.iticollege.edu/disclosures/.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What is Construction Project Management?

Information Technology Security Careers Pay Off